Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2014 E250 ford van, Im trying to locate the blinker…

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a 2014 E250 ford van, Im trying to locate the blinker flasher relay which i believe is under the dash. both left and right directionals are rapidly blinking when the head light are on. Thank you, Eric

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford E250. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

I don't think so, Thank, you

11/19/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

There is not a servicable relay on your vehicle for the flashers and blinkers. Yours has an internal relay incorporated into the smart junction box, which is the fusebox located underneath the left side of the dash. It is a combination fusebox and control module/computer.

This means that if the internal relay is bad, you must replace the smart junction box.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Thats not the answer i was looking for, I'll probably have to go to the dealer. What do you think the cost will be. out of warranty.
Thank you, Eric

HI,

Should be 1 hour labor, about $120 at dealer rates. The smart junction box lists for $290. So total around $410.

You can save around $100 total by going to an independent shop - cheaper hourly rates and lower parts price markup.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager