Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The truck seems to be working fine, all gauges light up. One…

Hello: The truck seems...

Hello: The truck seems to be working fine, all gauges light up. One minute the truck was working and then the next I get nothing when I turn the key. Could this be a fuse?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Yes, it's in park, It's an automatic. I have jiggled the shift handle and still nothing. I was driving it just fine. Ran some groceries into the house. Went back into the truck to head out again and bingo nothing happens. Just like that!

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 F350 6.4 ltr diesel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Trying to since it's a Sunday and most mechanics are closed today. How can I get a fuse schematic? Can't find my owners manual.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Just needed this information so I can try to fix it.

11/19/2017
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Do you have power to any electronics at all inside or on the outside of the vehicle with this issue?Is it all powering up but the starter is not engaging to crank over the engine at all?

Let me know,thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician
everything is powering up it's just not turning over. It happened so fast.
Phone call session started
Can you please call again.

I accepted the call but from what I am seeing there is an issue with the phone system today.I will call personally from my phone with the number you provided.It may come up as restricted or unavailable.

Thanks Pete

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks Pete