Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Can auto beam sensors/headlights be added to a 2017 Ford…

Customer Question
Can auto beam sensors/headlights...

Can auto beam sensors/headlights be added to a 2017 Ford Explorer Sport after it leaves the factory?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?

No. It wasn't an original feature on the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer Sport yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. 10 thumbs and not mechanical, unfortunately. Will have a qualified mechanic or the dealer install, if possible. We have an incredibly good Ford dealership where I live.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech of over 40 years experience here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

Just to get this clear, are you talking about DRL lights?

There is a DRL setting in the computer but no setting for autobeam.
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 7 months ago

I thought you wanted to install DRL to work sorry.

Ford Mechanic: Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician replied 7 months ago
Jeremy
Jeremy, Certified Diesel Technician/Electrician

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your question today.

I'm an independent contractor and I don't get paid until a rating has been made.

We can go back and forth as needed to help resolve the issue you are having. Follow ups are free after ratings, so rate in confidence!

It is just a box that is added to the dash area for the auto beams. It detects oncoming vehicles and lights to keep the high beams from blinding people. They install pretty easy and are available for your make and model for your year. My dad has one from A1 Auto on his 2017 F150 and the lighting is setup the same. It just installs on the plug in the cab and controls the lights. Almost plug and play.

_______________________________________________________________________________

You want a 5 star service and I want to provide a 5 star service. Please consider that I don't know your skill level as well as I can't see, touch, smell, hear the vehicle/machine in question. Please provide as much detail as possible and I will provide as much back.

Once an answer is provided, you should see a rating screen. Please rate my personal service to you. The ratings are my personal feedback, they are not the site feedback.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you through Just Answer!

Jeremy