Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have just replaced the osf suspension assy of my Ka 06…

Customer Question
I have just replaced the...
I have just replaced the osf suspension assy of my Ka 06 plate, my problem is that there is insufficent thread protruding thru the mount too start the thread of the locknut which tightens down the rebound stop . 5mm is all it needs- I have ground 5mm of the old mushroom bracket tube this allows the thread to protrude enough to tighten down the bracket but in doing so locks the rebound stop rubber onto the body
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/20/2017
Ford Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! I apologize for the extended wait time you experienced, I've only just come online now and would like to assist you with your question.

It sounds like you either have mismatched or damaged parts or damage to the vehicle. You don't mention what exactly was replaced or the reason, but if the work was done due to physical damage then there may be a deeper underlying issue preventing the replacement parts from being installed. If used parts were installed then it's also possible that there is an issue with them.

Exactly what parts have been replaced and what was the reason?

Are you able to upload a picture showing exactly the issue you're having?

Will send photos approx 0900 hrs

Great!