Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Verdrive light blinking. The overdrive switch on the shifter…

Customer Question
Verdrive light blinking Mechanic's...

Verdrive light blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

The overdrive switch on the shifter steady blinking

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

95 f150 4x4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just got from work it started on the way home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That should cover if it is and simple fix I will do it myself

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
Wow been an hour and no answers yet
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Scott W., Ford Technician replied 5 months ago
Scott W.
Scott W., Ford Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** for the delay in your answer. The first thing that should be done is have the computer tested for trouble codes to see why the light is blinking. There are many possibilities with the transmission that can cause the light to blink, having the code(s) will narrow this down. If the transmission is shifting ok, not harsh, has all the gears, and nothing really noticeable, I suspect an issue with the torque convertor possibly slipping too much, this can cause the light to blink too. Local parts store can read the codes for you. Let me know what code is stored and we can continue. Thanks Scott

I found it very low on fluid and it didn't want go into gear when I got off the hyway but did engage after a few moments and made it home.
I checked the fluid after I got home

How low was it? How many quarts did it take? Have you found any leakage?

not showing on the dipstick at all have not added any yet
trying to get a code checker right now

O​k I suspect you will have a clutch slippage code stored from the low fluid level which would cause the light to blink, but let me know for sure what code is stored, thanks.

ok will be awhile before I get hold of code checker.
How do I back with you later?

Just reply to this question and the system will let me know you responded.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician