Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2013 Ford escape SEL 1.6 L will not go into reverse. I'm a…

Customer Question
2013 Ford escape SEL...

2013 Ford escape SEL 1.6 L will not go into reverse

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm a pretty good mechanic. I'm trying to trouble shoot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Car is running fine just changed oil and problem appeared

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your last oil change?

Today

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will it make any effort to move in reverse if you move the shifter closer to park or neutral?

Any concern sith the transaxle oil?

Moving the shifter doesn't help. No concerns with transaxle oil. I had just changed the motor oil. Trying to back off the rack
when first no shift. Reved the engine and it grabbed reverse once just enough to thankfully get off the rack. Then no go after that.
Thank you "Moose." ( my nickname also) Mike.

This looks to be just a coincidence failure that occurred during your other repair. Are there any forward gears not working correct when driven?

Will not go into any gears now

If the shift linkage is fine and the fluid is fine. The next diagnostic step is a pressure test to see if the pump has failed and to check the internal clutch seals. You are 90% likely looking at an overhaul needed.

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris