Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

2006 f150 2wd has raaring noise in front as get faster gets…

Customer Question
2006 f150 2wd has...

2006 f150 2wd has raaring noise in front as get faster gets louder. has fairly new michelins and bbalanced and rotated today. no help replaced front left wheel bbrg still no help. cut truck of and coast still has noise what gives

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the car in?

Vgc 106000

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just posted it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

What is problem

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

Did you inspect the right side wheel bearing? Does the noise get worse when the steering wheel is turned? It sounds like we may still have a bearing issue, or there is something caught in between the brake pads/rotor. Since it is 2wd it will not be a driveshaft/u-joint concern.

i checked right wheel ffor play seems ok noise does nort seem to change with wheel turned in either direction it gets louder as get faster light vibration felt in feet on floor board jacked up rear and run drive train up to 45 mph no noise
i dont think talking to me at this time of night would help as i am ready for bbed how ever it seem to me that if you are correct about it not being ujoints or rear the only possibble cause would appear to be the other front right w/bearing

Yeah as strange as it may be I think the issue is going to be the other bearing, they are pretty common failures on these models.

You can ignore the phone call request, the website sends a prompt for that every time

i will replace the other brng tomorrow . if this does not solve issue where do we go from here. after all i want it fixed and for you to get paid also
are we still communicating
If the bearing does not fix it then we will continue with a few other scenarios.Only other thing I can thing of it being on that suspension design is something wr between the rotor and steering knuckle, but usually that makes more of a squealing noise
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician