Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Cruise control does not work on 2010 ford f-150.need

solution JA: Have you checked the...
cruise control does not work on 2010 ford f-150.need solution
JA: Have you checked the fuse? What size is your engine?
Customer: 5.4 v-8.The 2010 manual does not show a fuse location for cruise control
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I would like to do it myself,but I don`t know where to start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it
11/19/2017
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. When you press the button for cruise control, does the light come on? Also, How about the brake lights on the vehicle? Do they function properly?

You will first need to inspect fuse # 76 and fuse # 46 in the underhood fuse box. Also, check # 80, just in case. If these fuses are sound, you need to inspect and see if the brake lights are functioning properly. If the brake light switch is failing, then you may experience this issue. Here, I am attaching the electrical information for the circuits along with the fuse location information. If the brakes are functioning properly, then the issue is likely to be the switch on the steering wheel. Here, I am attaching the electrical diagram for the system along with the description of operation.

Here I am providing trouble shooting information for cruise issue that you are having. If you are unable to located the fault. The vehicle will need to be scanned for codes in order to determine the faulty area, as the issue could be with the PCM(the vehicle's computer).

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated and necessary in order for experts to receive credit for answers provided. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate, and I will still continue to assist you with this issue as needed.

Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician
Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician