Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Engine does not start. replaced the coil but there is no

Customer Question
Engine does not start....
Engine does not start. replaced the coil but there is no spark
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: There is power but there is no spark out of the coil. it is a 1991 ford six cylinder engine. 4.9
JA: What is the model of your '91 Ford?
Customer: F150 Custom
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced the coil, and have power ot it but no spark
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know what the condneser on the coil bracket is called
Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: Ford
11/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 28 days ago
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Hi my name is***** condenser on coil is for radio static only and voltage feedback when shut off. Have you replaced the ignition module yet?
Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 24 days ago

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Ford Mechanic: Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician replied 19 days ago

I have seen any response from you on your problem with your truck. Do you still need assistance?

Jaybird61
Jaybird61