Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have one wheel and tire that leaks over time. From 33psi…

I have one wheel and...
I have one wheel and tire that leaks over time. From 33psi to 15 psi. Then stops leaking. Today I filled it and in three hours it lost 4 psi. Had a shop look at it. Couldn’t find anything. Separated tire and wheel cleaned bead area. Any ideas
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2017
kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

Did they dip tank the tire to see where it was leaking from?

I believe
They told me they checked it

So they pulled the wheel off and placed the wheel and tire into a tank and submerged the wheel and tire?

Could it be inflated to 33psi. Is as large as it gets. Leaks and gets smaller

Would you be bale to pull the wheel off so we can check it for a leak?

I know

You will need to air the tire up to 42 psi, then add about 8 inches of water to your bath tube. After the water has run and fill the tub, add some dish washing liquid to the water and stir it in good. The set the wheel into the tub and slowly roll the tire into the water. If there is a leak in the tire or wheel, you will see bubbles coming out of the pace it is leaking from.

The extra air will help to push air out of the hole, sense there is no pressure of the vehicle on the tire.

kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech