Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My starter selinoid is not entergizing. Nothing and my

Customer Question
my starter selinoid is not...
my starter selinoid is not entergizing
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: nothing and my voltmeter across the battery doesn't move at all
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2008 escape
JA: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I first noticed as I put the transmission into park, it still wanted to roll backwards
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: this just happened. I hAve noticed lately that starting the engine it seemed to hesitate a little
Submitted: 23 days ago.Category: Ford
11/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 23 days ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will the headlights work?

If not then your volt meter test on the battery confirms the battery is dead needing to be charged, jumped, or replaced. Can you try a jump start?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Chris (aka- Moose), Technician