Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The right-side 2nd seat on my 2013 Navigator will not tip…

Customer Question
The right-side 2nd seat...

The right-side 2nd seat on my 2013 Navigator will not tip forward when the handle is pulled. It appears that the inside (next to center console) latch is not releasing. How can i fix this?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Navigator yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried to find a release at the floor level, couldn't see one in the latch mechanism. Pulled the backseat release cord: no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 10 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Today I have worked my fingers numb and just can not get to everyone. I am pretty sure I can help. Sometimes customers need help now and if help comes later it is just to late. In your case if it is not to late, let me know and I will do my best to earn your business.

Chris

Not too late. Go for it.

Can you flip up the other seat so you no what you are looking for. then can you manually release the stuck seat?

There seems to be no access to a cable or latch to pry when I look at the other seat flipped up Only one side latch on the right seat won’t release (the inside one).

The only directions I have to offer are seat removal and disassembly steps if that would help. There is not a guide to send you for addressing this one issue on the seat.