Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2007 F-150 Roush Nightmare and it has a 5.4

Customer Question
Second opinion] HELLO! I...

Second opinion] HELLO! I have a 2007 F-150 Roush Nightmare and it has a 5.4 supercharged motor in it and it had gotten hit behind the rear tire driver side and it hasn't ran right since.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

It will only start and idle for 5-6 seconds and then it dies

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have a fuel pressure gauge but I do not know what the fuel pressure should be with key on not running and with the key on and running. It acts like its starving for gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't understand

Mechanic's Assistant: What confuses you?

Okay is this the mechanic?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Normal fuel pressure on your 5.4 needs to be right at 35 to 45 PSI and not drop below 35 PSI. Because the truck was hit in the rear I would have first check your fuel pressure and if its dropping out have a look at the fuel pump driver module. The Driver module is located underside the vehicle near the spare tire. It controls the fuel pump pressure with a duty cycle from the PCM (computer). When it stalls and will not start check for power in and out of it to the fuel pump. I have enclosed the steps to do this in the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1yxqqlu395l9h8z/driver%20Module%20Nov%2018.pdf?dl=0

I have also enclosed the circuit wiring for testing reference in this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ddp8thb213dta1d/Driver%20wiring%20Nov%2018.pdf?dl=0