Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My car wants to cut off when I stop. 2003 Ford Focus. Trying

My car wants to cut...
My car wants to cut off when I stop.
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2003 Ford Focus
JA: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Trying to. I've check to see if sensors are bad.
JA: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?
Customer: p 340 and p 2195
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: just the location of these the pic I have has different numbers such as c11..
11/18/2017
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

Hi my name is ***** ***** I'll be more than happy to assist you. Please allow me a few minutes to review your information. Thank you

engine running, remove the oil filler cap. tell me if you feel suction

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
I have 2 codes showing PO 340 P2195 need a diagram or pic of the locations

please remove the oil cap and check for suction. I can see that you have 2 codes.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Ihave suction.

ok thats not good and thats the reason for the p2195

the crankcase ventilation system is plugged up

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
where is the sensor for that, please

you need to replace the pcv valve and remove the crank case vent hoses ans clean them out AFTER you replace the oil and filter.

here is the o2 sensor location for that code

for P0340 you need to test the camshaft sensor for ground, power and signal so you will need a voltmeter and test light. a scan tool that reads live data would be helpful also

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
thanks [ can handle that pic please

standby

is this a ZETEC?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
no 2.0 split port

Ok

p0340

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
got it thanks

you are welcome. Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 3 or more stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have. Also we can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return.
Thank you for rating my assistance and for using Just Answer.

David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic

thanks

David Craig
David Craig
David Craig, Auto Mechanic