Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I’m replacing the lock cylinder on my 2006 Ford F-250. The…

Customer Question
I’m replacing the lock cylinder...
I’m replacing the lock cylinder on my 2006 Ford F-250. The kit that I bought came with a little plastic piece a tiny spring and two little ball bearings. I’m wondering if I could get a diagram showing me how these pieces go together on the truck.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: tims auto repair, mechanic replied 8 months ago
tims auto repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.
I will do my best to assist you.

i really dont know about ball bearings..

i will give you the procedure to replace

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there. please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER ,Chrome or Firefox.]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s1ie8ks6mevy16b/1117-ford-Ignition%20Lock%20Cylinder.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/s1ie8ks6mevy16b/1117-ford-Ignition%20Lock%20Cylinder.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help

They don’t show anything about the little plastic piece. Can’t find anything online about it or in manuals.

please stand by. perhaps one of the other guys has a better idea of what is going on here.

someone will be right with you.

thanks