Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I need to remove an Alpine CDE-SXM145BT from my 2005 Ford

F150 and reinstall the original...
I need to remove an Alpine CDE-SXM145BT from my 2005 Ford F150 and reinstall the original radio, trading truck in tomorrow and do not wish to dump the XM radio.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: the XM works fine want to install in new vehicle
JA: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just need to remove the XM and install old radio, I am trading it tomorrow, had it installed at Best Buy and the can not get to it until Monday
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
11/18/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

You can carefully pry the trim panel off then you will have access to screw/bolts holding radio in place. Here are instructions from manual, let me know if you have questions. Thanks. https://www.dropbox.com/s/blmng3ml8zsm6od/radiorr.pdf?dl=0​

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Traded the vehicle this morning,Thanks

No problem, I'm happy to help. Hopefully you were able to remove stereo, thanks again and have a good evening.

Customer reply replied 30 days ago
Thanks you to

Thanks, ***** ***** not forget to rate answer if my information was helpful.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician