Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2005 explorer blows air to floor when on defrost. It just…

Customer Question
My 2005 explorer blows...

My 2005 explorer blows air to floor when on defrost .

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? How many miles are on the car?

It just started had to replace fresh air inlet assembly . 135000 miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I had to replace the whole air duct assembly because of broke parts I used your diagrams to make sure allcolor coded vac lines are correct

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

All functions from the selector switch work fine .temp goes cold to hot hot to cold . I watched all actuators work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/18/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is this an auto or manual climate control setup?

In any setting will it blow to defrost?

Did this issue start after the air box change?

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris