Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The engine will crank but will not start. The wait to start…

Customer Question
The engine will crank...

The engine will crank but will not start. The wait to start light does not come on when the key is in the start position. I’ve read Sean’s post above, but am unable to remove the cover of the fuse box?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

I have looked at the manual and I do have 2 fuse boxes. One inside dash and the other in engine compartment.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2000 F-350, 7.3 liter diesel with 190k.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not by choice. It’s sitting in my driveway with a ton of oak firewood in it. Don’t think a tow is truck could get in here to tow it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of, thanks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

The fuse box cover is just clipped on, nothing to remove to get it off. Just grab an edge and pull and it will pop right off. We need to fist of check fuse 22. Can you follow these steps as well https://www.dropbox.com/s/5l60gfww9tsfizq/WTS.png?dl=0

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris