Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I am having the seat belt replaced because it would not

Customer Question
I am having the...

I am having the seat belt replaced because it would not retract, how long does this usually take?

Mechanic's Assistant: Which belt are you dealing with? And have you changed one before?

The passenger side it requires the whole thing.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2004Ford F150

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your F150?

2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it is a the dealer and it has been here since yesterday morning, I was ytold this morning it won't be ready until noon. Is this how long is usually takes?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

They are replacing the whole mechanism .

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

It takes about a hour or two, the reason it is taking so long is probably because they have other work they need to finish before they can start on the seat belt replacement or possibly had to order the part. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.