Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I am reading a fault code P0304 which I understand to be a

Customer Question
cylinder for misfire. I have...
I am reading a fault code P0304 which I understand to be a cylinder for misfire. I have swapped out the plugs and the ignition package. But the code remains unchanged. I believe cylinder fours the one on the passenger side front. Can you confirm and what are your thoughts?
JA: Have you seen the misfire code before? Has the car been stalling?
Customer: No stalling but I do get an engine light and rough idle associated with the engine light
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: 2009 Lincoln MKZ
JA: Are you fixing your MKZ yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes we’re doing it ourselves. So far I have swapped the spark plug and the ignition coil package. The fault code remained P030 for both times.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Also we have run a lot of fuel system cleaner through the system. Probably five or six tankfuls. That seems to have no effect.
Submitted: 29 days ago.Category: Ford
11/17/2017
Ford Mechanic: EricFromCT, Ford Technician replied 29 days ago
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician

Hi. Welcome to chat! My name is ***** ***** I am currently a factory dealer auto mechanic. I will attempt to assist you with your concern today.

Just Answer may send you a phone call request on my behalf. Feel free to not accept this unless you want a phone call. If you decline there will be no additional charges.

Number 4 cylinder is the front one on the passenger side. If you already swapped the coil and plug, then I suggest you try swapping the injector as well. If after that the number 4 misfire is still present, then you either have a base engine concern, such as a lifter or valve. Can you try swapping the injector and let me know?

Please note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal. The website will ask you for a phone call. Feel no obligation to accept, unless you feel it will help you. We can respond in this chat back and forth many times. I may be offline when you respond but I will promptly reply when I return. Be sure to please take a quick moment and rate my assistance by clicking the stars above. Thank you for rating and for using Just Answer.

EricFromCT
EricFromCT
EricFromCT, Ford Technician