Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Had a emissions test done and failed told to replace egr…

Customer Question
Had a emissions test...

Had a emissions test done and failed told to replace egr valve which I did took 700 km to regenerate. once it did took it back and passed emissions test. a week later my truck has gone back into regeneration mode blowing white smoke reefing up and running terrible.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you been losing oil or coolant?

Less then 110,000 km and yes coolant level I noticed has dropped

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2008 I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

No had it done atdca automotive in blenheim

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it passed emissions test after replacing egr valve and now its back in regeneration mode

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing great. My name is***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to assist you with this.

So I am thinking we may have an EGR cooler issue, if the cooler fails it will display the symptoms you have described. Can you go and check the oil to make sure there is no coolant on the dipstick? I want to make sure the cylinders aren't contaminated and blowing white smoke