Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a Ford Transit Connect XLT with the 2.5 liter motor.

Customer Question
I have a Ford...

I have a Ford Transit Connect XLT with the 2.5 liter motor. The battery is dead. There is a battery under the hood but the online information says it is under the driver's seat. Please advise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

I have changed batteries and the battery in vehicle was tested bad yesterday. I got it home and jumped it from a starter function on my charger. The problem is with the difference on location between what I see under the hood and what the tutorials say about it being under the seat.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Transit Connect?

2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Transit Connect yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have bought a battery and looked at the hookup. There seems to be no easy way to deal with the negative terminal. It bolts to a post in the firewall that is easy to get to by the post comes loose with the nut. So, I have to go the hard way. Just wanted to check to see if there was easier way I don't see so I looked online and the first thing I say was that the battery was under the driver's seat, But, I see one under the hood with terminal cables and corrosion-the full monty.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

This is a start.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 9 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** battery is located under the hood, would you like the procedure for removing it?

seems obvious enough though cramped and difficult. Might help to see how to deal with that. I would like to the see the procedure in case there is something I missed.
If it is a matter of struggling with the installation I can do that. It is cramped but it doesn't appear fundamentally different from other batteries l have changed.

do you have microsoft word on your computer?

I do
What would I do with Microsoft word?
Seems we have lost the connection. I am signing off.

below is a document in microsoft word doc, it has the info for replacing the battery,Tim

I have lost the thread without finishing the discussion. Do not charge me for this.

you are on the thread???

do you see the document I posted above?