Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I can't get my rear seats to latch back on in the rear, it's…

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my rear seats to latch back on in the rear, it's a 1984 full sized bronco, I've engaged the release handle and tried prying the latches open but it feels stuck?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Bronco yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes it is my own bronco, and I have both front brackets in place and locked in but the rear won't latch back on, am I doing something wrong?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?

I'm assuming 168,000, and this is my first time trying to reinstall it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That and my rear axle bleeder hose? Is it absolutely necessary? It's the bolt that connects both my rear break lines

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 2 days by:
11/19/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

I am sorry no one has responded yet. I know you must be thinking " I have been taken or this is a scam" Neither are the case. Sometimes there are more questions than we can get to and we just keep getting farther and farther behind. Sometimes what a customer asks, no experts online are confident there answer will be good enough. Is there any more information you can add to your concern or is there another concern you may have that we could answer instead?

Chris

No that's it, I'm just having trouble reinstalling my rear seats

I can not come up with any diagrams or pictures to help you. I will opt out to see if another owns one and can send pictures.

Thanks chris