Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Engine light came on and two days later went out. had

engine light came on...

engine light came on and two days later went out. had oreilly check and said ws oxy sensor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has your vehicle stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?

Oreilly checked code, said was oxy sensor and no it has not stalled.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

F150, 2011

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing,was going to ford dealer sat., but went to store this morning and light was out.

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Do you happen to have the actual "p-code" that pointed to a faulty oxygen sensor?

no I dont

Ok. That's not a problem. Please give me one moment to type out some info for you. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Thanks for holding!

Ok. If the scan pointed to an oxygen sensor but the light has gone out by itself... this is not all too uncommon. Many times an oxygen sensor can be intermittent, or on it's way out, and set a code and the shortly there after clear it. There are other factors that can also affect the oxygen sensor to the point that it gives unexpected readings for a short time, like type of fuel used, driving conditions, etc. At this point, if the light is out, it is perfectly safe to drive the vehicle. IF the code returns, then the electrical connector and wire harness should be inspected for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If nothing is found, have the "p-code" scanned next time (it's just to the side of the description on the scan-tool). Using that p-code we can determine which oxygen sensor has the fault, and more insight as to why it is failing. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -
Ron Z.
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Ford Tech -