Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I cannot close my sunroof. It tries to open and gets to a…

Customer Question
I cannot close my...

I cannot close my sunroof. It tries to open and gets to a certain point and reverses back to the open position. how can i close it manually?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2013 F250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F250 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've tried to help it close manually but it still gets to a certain point and reverse to open completely.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 5 months ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

The first thing you need to try is to run the roof opening panel motor initialization procedure to see if the window has lost its programming. Have a look at the steps to do this in the link below . Follow them closely and lets see if this solves this problem for you. Give this a try and let me know.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q5htjlbh4v6dudj/Sun%20roof%20Nov%2016.pdf?dl=0

Ron, ASE Certified Technician