Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Idle to fast. 158856 5.8. 1996 e150. Ecm intake gaskets mass…

Customer Question
Idle to fast Mechanic's...

Idle to fast

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

158856 5.8

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

1996 e150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your E150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ecm intake gaskets mass air

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 8 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

The IAC motor can be bad or dirty with carbon. You can take it of and clean it if it works. If the pintle valve inside doesn't move, then you need a new one. Another thing could be a vacuum leak that can be easily found with a smoke machine.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.