Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2012 Ford focus sedan with 100000 km on it. I had…

Customer Question
Hello I have a 2012...
Hello I have a 2012 Ford focus sedan with 100000 km on it. I had the clutch pack replaced around 10000km ago since then I have heard a vibration when at idle in drive coming from front right of engine compartment. I have ruled out a/c asked my Ford tech to look at previous work done in case they missed fully tightening something. They came back with an answer that they believe the high pressure fuel pump is vibrating and should try replacing that. I don't want to on a guess as this is $500 plus does anyone have any suggestions.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 8 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Usually if you have a vibration like this after work was done like you have had done here this can indicate something is contacting the engine or transmission or exhaust causing the vibration.Something may not have been installed properly or was bent or damaged.I have seen loose engine or transmission mounts.I have also seen brackets or exhaust components contacting the sides of the engine or transmission or body as well as the exhaust heat shields bent contacting one of these components causing this fault here.If this issue occurred immediately after the clutch pack was replaced it doesnt sound to be an issue with the high pressure pump.It would be rare for it to fail or cause this right after the repair was done and more likely a bent or damaged component causing this issue.

If time had passed since the repair and then the vibration started and if they had checked/tested this properly then it can be the high pressure pump vibrating as it can start to come apart or fail internally causing this issue with it needing replaced.

It all depends on when this issue started after the clutch pack was replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete