Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2001 7.3 powerstroke. I have a occasional stall. it…

Customer Question
I have a 2001...

I have a 2001 7.3 powerstroke. I have a occasional stall. it will restart immediately and run fine. occasionally it will run fine and then start acting like out of full and then stalls. restarts and runs fine. I have replaced the icp, cps ipr and flushed the tank and installed new pump. all with ford oem parts. could it be the idm

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No check engine light, if it does, it resets and goes off quickly. I am running the super chip performance towing and when I pull the codes it always says icp out of range low. only stalls under idle. never under load

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '01 Ford?

F350 4wd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F350 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced the icp, ipr cps and flushed the tank and new fuel pump and filters. all with oem ford parts

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 10 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, when you replaced the ICP and IPR, did you have oil in the connectors and replace them as well? No other work has been done to the high pressure oil system? How many miles are on the engine?

connectors are good to go. 281k. no work done on the oil system. truck runs great. I am running the super chip with the performance tow setting. I am getting 19mpg. it just randomly stalls from time to time. sometimes when I pull up to a light it will run really rough like only on 4 cylinders, I will gun it a few times and it clears right up. I also have a very low pulsing vibration at idle. I would really like to get it figured out.