Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Starts but wont run when u put it in gear. No it dies when u…

Starts but wont run...

Starts but wont run when u put it in gear

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you checked the brake switch?

No it dies when u put it in gear

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2001 Ford Winstar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Windstar yourself? What have you tried so far?

We tried intake manifold

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

11/16/2017
Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician

Hi, My name is Jay

When you shift transmission into gear does it stall real fast like the transmission is locked up?

no sir it dies like it wont pull the tranny is fine!

Have you tested computer for codes and had fuel pressure checked to see if you have proper pressure?

no I haven't I will try that
Let me know what the tests show and we will continue diagnose the problem better.
Jaybird61

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.