Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

We have another problem. We changed the thermostat in this

Customer Question
1992 ford f250. And it...
We have another problem. We changed the thermostat in this 1992 ford f250. And it does not read on the dash. What can this be?
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Ford
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Im sorry its not the thermostat its the engine temp sensor
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 26 days ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

does the gauge sweep with the key on engine off?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
No it doesnt move

do the rest of the gauges sweep?

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
just the temp gauge doesnt move
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Does that mean the gauge or module is bad?

yes you have a bad instrument cluster... the steeper motor or module tor the coolant gauge has failed

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
can that module be replaced individually or does the whole instrument panel have to be replaced?

some electronic cluster rebuilders can fix them but i know of no sources for the parts

used you can try www.car-part.com and i also have had good luck on ebay

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy