Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

We have another problem. We changed the thermostat in this…

Customer Question
We have another problem. We...
We have another problem. We changed the thermostat in this 1992 ford f250. And it does not read on the dash. What can this be?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
Im sorry its not the thermostat its the engine temp sensor
11/16/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 10 months ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

does the gauge sweep with the key on engine off?

No it doesnt move

do the rest of the gauges sweep?

just the temp gauge doesnt move
Does that mean the gauge or module is bad?

yes you have a bad instrument cluster... the steeper motor or module tor the coolant gauge has failed

can that module be replaced individually or does the whole instrument panel have to be replaced?

some electronic cluster rebuilders can fix them but i know of no sources for the parts

used you can try www.car-part.com and i also have had good luck on ebay