Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I had the alternator wire to the battery melt at its

I had the alternator...

I had the alternator wire to the battery melt at its connection to the alternator I bought a new alternator but want to replace the wire also

Answered in 1 minute by:
11/15/2017
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good morning, I hope you are doing great. My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to assist you with this.

What did you need help with? Directions on how to replace the cable?

Making sure that I am replacing the correct parts and not just putting a bandaid on another problem

Okay great. Since you have already replaced the alternator assembly I think you will be good to go. Usually when these cables melt it is a result of a bad voltage regulator inside of the alternator, it overcharges and gets too hot, and the cable is the weak point that it uses to allow the heat to escape

Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician