Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2007 focus 5 speed bad vibration off idle and at all speeds.

Customer Question
2007 focus 5 speed...

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?

150000 2 liter 5 speed. Have replaced all engine mounts

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Focus yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Checked exhaust and looked for clearance problems

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

Did you replace the rear engine roll restrictor?

I did

Does it vibrate at all during idle?

it does a little but nowhere as bad as off idle and above

Did you clean out the box the roll restrictor mounts to?

there was nothing in it

I feel like you may have poor quality mounts, I'd consider buying OEM mounts. I'll open question back up to see if someone else has some different ideas.

Okay thank you
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 5 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Does it vibrate when just reving the engine in neutral?

Parking brake set, if someone watches your engine while you start to release the clutch in 1st and Reverse does the engine or trans move excessive?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris

Ron, ASE Certified Technician