Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The coolant sensor has gone out and I can't find it. Coolant…

The coolant sensor has...

The coolant sensor has gone out and I can't find it

Mechanic's Assistant: Which particular sensor are you asking about? And have any trouble codes been triggered?

Coolant temperature sensor and yes it threw that code

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2011 escape with 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escape yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing it it's the first thing I'm changing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of thank you

11/15/2017
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Do you have the code number?

P1299

IS your vehicle running hot too or just the check engine light is on?

It says it is but it's not and yeh the light is on too I bought the sensor and want to change it
Ok they sold me the wrong one at the local dealer I pulled the first one you sent the one I bought is bigger

Both the illustration i sent are for the same sensor. I double checked and that is the only sensor that can effect the cooling system.

Ok the one I have is bigger I pulled that one on the end of the head it's the only one I see

Do you have any other questions?

No I'm going to the dealer here try to show them the part you sent me thank you for the help it's nice to know someone out there knows what their doing have a good day

You're welcome and good luck with your vehicle, And please don’t forget to rate my performance in the upper left corner otherwise i don’t get compensated. Thank you and have a blessed day.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent auto mechanic and do not work at or for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me .

3. I only get credit for my work from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer

Gunvir Singh