Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I went to start my car the other day and it wouldn't start.

Customer Question
I went to start...

I went to start my car the other day and it wouldn't start. So I replaced the battery and starter and it still won't turn over.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

Everything is connected

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2004 Explorer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?

I replaced the starter and battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes. That I also had to replace the transmission and motor.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 5 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN
Are you says my the engine did not crank over? Does it start and run now? Are you looking for some possible causes?
Ron, ASE Certified Technician