Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 1995 Ford escort lx sport 2dr is having issues idling and…

Customer Question
My 1995 Ford escort...

My 1995 Ford escort lx sport 2dr is having issues idling and it all started to happen when i got the timing belt changed the dealership told me that they couldn't figure out the problem after they had replaced the timing belt.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the timing belt? Have you ever had to change it before?

600miles

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Escort yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've taken it to the dealership to see if they could fix it and they can't find anything on what may be causing it

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/15/2017
Ford Mechanic: AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN replied 7 months ago
AMEDEE
AMEDEE, FORD TECHNICIAN

Hello and welcome!

Thank you for your question. My name isCustomerand I will be happy to assist you today. I am reviewing the details now.

What happens with the idle since the timing belt was replaced?

Does it stall out at times or does it idle high or fluctuate by chance?

Idles at 1000rpm for a minute then drops to 500rpm back up to 1000rpm then stuggles dies
If the engine idle fluctuatates, this condition is likely caused by an air or a vacuum leak most likely caused by the recent work done when the timing belt was replaced.

Hello there!

I am just checking in to see how things are going and to see if you need any further assistance?

If so, please let me know as I will be happy to help.

Best Regards,

Customer/p>