Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The truck appears to sag a slight bit in the right front. It…

Customer Question
The truck appears to...

The truck appears to sag a slight bit in the right front.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

It is a 1989 Ranger 4X4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ranger yourself? What have you tried so far?

Haven't tried anything

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans replied 9 months ago
HDGENE
HDGENE, Ford Senior Master/Diesel/Trans

Hello, and thank you for using Just Answer! My name is***** me a few moments to review your question and Ill do my best to assist you.

Hello, it can be due to a worn coil spring or a bent I beam. I would lean towards a weak coil spring since this is what holds up the front suspension. Inspect the ball joints and other front suspension bushings for wear. If all looks ok, replace the front springs and have the alignment checked. Since changing the ride height can have an effect on the wheel alignment and how the truck tracks down the road.

Thank you, ***** *****'t think the Ibeam is bent, so that leaves a weak spring. I will have the ball joints and other suspension parts checked. Hopefully, it is some thing easy...

Its not too bad to replace and would make the most sense with the age of the vehicle.

If you need more help please let me know. If I answered your questions please use the 5 stars above to leave a positive rating.

Do you need more help with this concern?