Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My truck won’t turn on. 2014 f150. No I’m not Nothing. The…

Customer Question
My truck won’t turn...

My truck won’t turn on

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2014 f150

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

No I’m not Nothing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

The engine just keeps clicking and everything keeps turning on and off like my air conditioning and my radio

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you double-checked the battery? And are the wiring connections to and from the starter in good shape?

Yes and it looks okay

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician replied 10 months ago
Gabriel Grey
Gabriel Grey, Auto Service Technician

Good afternoon, I hope you are doing well today. My name is***** am a Ford technician and would be happy to assist you with this.

So it sounds to me like we have either a battery issue, or starter solenoid issue, more than likely based off what you have described I think we may have a bad battery. Do you have access to a battery charger that we can get put on it? If the battery gets charged/jumped and the truck still will not start then we need to test the starter relay/circuit. Let me know if you are able to charge the battery :)