Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Question about my Ford 500. 2007 ford 500. Its been

Customer Question
Hello, question about my...

Hello, question about my Ford 500

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

2007 ford 500

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Its been happening off an on for a year. I have had 2 replacement Alternators put in along with 2 batteries.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

What concern are you having?

What brand parts are you installing?

It Was giving me codes of voltage high then started showing the battery with check charging system. Alternators
were from Midas. Not sure where they got them from but receipt says Reman. So they are not new. From what I'm reading Ford's have issues with rebuilt alternatives in regards ***** ***** Voltage Regulator. The issue is Ford looked at the car after these alternators were put in and fixed issue with a positive battery cable...which car ran for 3 months after that fix. But then symptoms reoccurrred. If what I'm reading is true in that the alternator from Midas has an issue with the Voltage regulator....shouldnt ford have been able to tell me that instead of replacing my positive battery cable for 780?

Can you tell me the codes stored now?

Don't know codes now. CAR is at Ford who is now telling me to take it back to Midas as they should fix under their warranty but concerned that their alternators don't work in regards ***** ***** Voltage Regulator. Do you know anything about that If that's the case? Just trying to help paint picture for both Midas and Ford discussions.
Let's close this out if each response is costing me more money. This us crazy. I didn't realize this and I need to stop increasing the amount.

You have already paid all the fees to get help 16$ You declined a membership and call, those are the only other fees that you could of tacked on.

Best of luck to you, and let me know if you change your mind.