Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2017 ford f-150 4x4 grinding noise coming form the front…

Customer Question
2017 ford f-150 4x4...

2017 ford f-150 4x4 grinding noise coming form the front wheels.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Intermittant grinding noise going on for the last 2 months. Grinding noise comes with the gas pedal pressed on and stops when when gas pedal is lifted off.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 8 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.
Have you checked the wheel bearings? That would be my first suspect.
No< i have'nt checked the wheel bearings
Do you know how? If so check them and see if there's any play in there. I imagine that's what it is.
Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today.
Thanks, ***** ***** how to check them.
Great. I will be standing by if you need me. Thanks