Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2006 F150 with the 4.2. The o/d light blinks and…

Customer Question
I have a 2006 F150...
I have a 2006 F150 with the 4.2. The o/d light blinks and trans fault reads on the dash. The solenoid A&B codes read. The solenoid B code reads instantly after resetting the codes without even putting the truck in gear. When I shift to drive the transmission will not shift out of 1st. But the only codes coming up are the solenoid code a&b. Any electrical issues I can look into before I have the transmission looked at?
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner replied 8 months ago
Wayne Crawford
Wayne Crawford, Shop Owner
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.
Do you have a scan tool the shows live transmission data?
I have a scan tool here I’m not familiar with it. But I think it may be able to read that
What kind of scan tool is it
Yeah I do believe that's capable of reading live transmission data however I could not tell you how to do it you would have to look in your owner's manual or something but if you can get in there and find it and let me know what the shift solenoids are showing in the scan tool
I don’t believe this one is capable of giving live data
There’s nothing in the manual about it.
In that case anything you do will be guess work at best. Your probably best off just visually inspecting your wiring down to the transmission to make sure there's no obvious damage such as that left from rodents gathering material for a warm winter nest and if nothing is found turn it over to someone with the right tools for an accurate diagnostic. It most likely us something electrical and guess work can get awful expensive.Let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you today. Thanks