Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

I have a 1992 ford ranger with a 2.3L and a 5 speed

Customer Question
transmission. It wouldn't start. I...
I have a 1992 ford ranger with a 2.3L and a 5 speed transmission. It wouldn't start. I checked fuel pressure and had none. So I had the fuel pump replaced and it still wouldn't start so they put an ignition module, new timing belt since it was cracked and it still wouldn't run. Then they put a new crankshaft sensor, and new coil pack for the intake said they said. It runs smooth until you get it out on the road and put it under a load. Then it cuts out and jerks really hard until you let off and will keep going smooth again until put under a load again. I don't drive it now because it is so severe. Could this be caused by the timing belt now being installed correctly?
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Ford
11/14/2017
Ford Mechanic: Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician replied 3 months ago
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your patience and input to my questions so I can help you better.I have read your notes and have a question before we proceed.

have you re-checked the fuel pressure and what is the reading?

Ron, ASE Certified Technician