Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2004 ford f350 v10 keeps blowing fuse 116

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH replied 8 months ago
Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH

Hi, my name is ***** ***** it blow the fuse as soon as you put it in?

so if the key is off, and you put a fuse in it, it blows right away, or when you turn the key on?

key off was ok.... when we turned it on it blows...no instruement cluster at all it cranks but wont start.... I was driving it down the road when it quit

ok, if you just turn the key to the run position, but do not start it, does it still blow?

are you still here?

no use this forum

do you still need help with this?? You did not answer my last question?

no
do you have time to help me today ?
2004 ford f350 with v10 4x4 it shut off going down the road it blew the fuse 116 in the fuse block I have no dash function or run function . replaced the fuse and it popped as soon as I turn the key on ????

ok, then you most likely have a bad coil, and this is common, are you at the truck right now?

I am

ok, there are 10 coils on this, you need to disconnect each coil, once all are disconnected, put a new fuse in it and see if the fuse blows when turning on the key, can you do this?

yep it will take a few minuts

I will be here,Tim

ok disconnected the 10 coils and replaced the fuse turned the key and it functioned the gauges to full range and blew the fuse

ok, do you know where the PCM relay is?

no there is no owners book
I do have a diagram of what # they are

it is in the fuse box under the driverside dash, can you remove this relay and see if the fuse blows still?

what number relay is it

I dont know the number, it should be shown on the diagram of the fuse box cover?

we don't have original cover for the fuse box

it should be marked C2160