Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

My "Check Air Suspension" warning light was on for a day and…

My "Check Air Suspension"...

My "Check Air Suspension" warning light was on for a day and didn't come back on after sitting overnight. Is this cause for concern? Thanks.

Mechanic's Assistant: How has the ride been lately? Have you noticed any fluid under the car?

The car appears to be level and it wasn't sitting on its bump stops this morning.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

It's a 2002 Mercury Marquis.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Marquis yourself? What have you tried so far?

No, I have the car serviced at a local Ford dealer (Galpin).

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There are 85,000 miles on the clock.

11/13/2017
Dan, Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I'm here to help get your problem solved.

T​his is most likely a indicator of something starting to fail, the most likely cause would be the compressor or height sensor but until problem acts up again I wouldn't worry about it as it needs to be acting up to even test. Depending on what ends up being problem I'd expect repair to be $300-$600. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Thanks very much for your rapid response. I'll take it into the dealer tomorrow.

I wouldn't take to dealer until light stays on otherwise they won't be able to find problem. Problem needs to be happening to be figured out. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.

Dan, Technician
Dan, Technician