Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Changed carrier bearing and u joints, removed driveshaft and…

Customer Question
Changed carrier bearing and...

Changed carrier bearing and u joints, removed driveshaft and re installed it.now airbag light is on and I can not move gear selector

Mechanic's Assistant: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?

Truck will not even start and when I try to press brakes no travel fells like it is under pressure and brakes are applied

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

2010 f150 xlt 5.4

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes just removed drive shaft and re installed it back in same order and now air bag light is on and brakes are applied and will not start

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 8 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Will it at least crank?

Do the brake lights come on when applied?

Do you have a scan tool to see which air bag codes are stored?

No power to any thing just airbag light on dash. will not crank , no brake lights .Is it some kind of safety lock out ?

Thanks, ***** ***** headlights work?

What is the battery voltage on the battery posts then on the battery cables?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris