Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2013 ford f150 horn doesn't work and the 20 amp…

Customer Question
I have a 2013...

I have a 2013 ford f150 horn doesn't work and the 20 amp fuse is good.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Yes i have a diagram, no i checked the number fuse assigned to the horn

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked fuses it worked two days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also my power 12volt sockets don't work but all the fuses are fine

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Ford
11/13/2017
Ford Mechanic: nelson freitas,
 replied 5 months ago
nelson freitas

Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer, my name Nelson and I have been an Automotive Technician for over 12 years, and I am currently working at a Toyota dealership.

if you have a volt meter or even a small automotive light bulb you could use either to plug into the horn connector and if you have 12 volts (or if the light bulb lights up) then you will know that the switch and all wiring works and that the horn is faulty.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Nelson

nelson freitas
nelson freitas
nelson freitas