Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2008 ford edge...trying to locate the guide pin…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 2008 ford edge...trying to locate the guide pin location on the lower valve.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to help find that for your Ford Edge. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

Yes, reason is while attempting to reinstall lower valve, I popped off the guide pin...now not sure where it belongs

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Ford
11/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician replied 7 months ago
Randall C
Randall C, ASE MasterTechnician

Hello, I am sorry but can you explain what you mean or working via "Lower valve"? what lower valve? thanks

Thank you Randall...I have a 6T50 transmission...there is a valve attached to the solenoid...maybe not calling it the right term

humm, unsure without correct terms, not your fault. Just trying to figure what you speak of, What are or were you doing to trans and why and where are you at in trans? what solenoid?

I replace the OSS and TSS sensors, in order to do so, had to remove the transmission cover. the lower valve in on the inside of the cover, after replacing the sensors, I popped off one of the guide pins, apparently there are 2 guide pins/aligment pins for the lower valve

just do not know, I would have to see what you speak of. I have to opt out. Sorry

thank you for your time.
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 7 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Would you like me to try and help?