Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Washed it now I got no throttle idles but no throttle starts…

Customer Question
Washed it now I...

Washed it now I got no throttle idles but no throttle starts normal just have engine n wrench light on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Engine light n wrench light directly below it

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Ford?

08

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing just letting idle can shut it off n started right up

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything off hand

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** welcome to just answers! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. If I don’t answer right away or quickly in conversation I am helping another customer or have stepped out for a moment and will respond as soon as I can. Ok lets get started!

Do you have access to a scanner to ge read the check engine light ?

Nope
No just text please

So the only way to know whats wrong is to get the codes that are in the computer, and that will tell us what to check next

Hmmmm
So I just threw 38 bucks your way to get that answer

hummm, you can get a refund

please

call customer service

Right after I get off the road I will