Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2014 F150 - Tried to shift out of 4wd to 2wd, it says "shift…

Customer Question
2014 F150 - Tried...

2014 F150 - Tried to shift out of 4wd to 2wd, it says "shift delayed, pull forward", but truck won't move. Putting in gear, engine revs, but never engages.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the transmission? Have you noticed any leaking?

Transmission is original, 2014. I haven't noticed any leaking.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I've only tried getting it in gear and pushing it forward with another vehicle. It won't even shift into neutral.

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Ford
11/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: Chris (aka- Moose), Technician replied 9 months ago
Chris (aka- Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• WORK TIME, I am here 7 days a week but not all hours of the day, do not worry I will respond.
  • FEES, I am user of the website like you, not an employee. Any fee or account questions need to be addressed to the website.
  • PHONE CALLS, I will never offer nor ask you to pay more for a call, calls and memberships are pushed by the website..
  • UPLOADED LINKS, if I upload dropbox links, without the phone app use the box in the top right for direct download.
  • RATING ANSWERS, please let me know what you need from me so you are pleased with my answer.

Is the transmission shifter stuck in a gear, if so which one?

The shitter isn't physically stuck, but it seems to be stuck in drive although it won't move. It's parked on a hill and doesn't roll when put in neutral.

When you move the shifter does it seem to move to freely no longer having the resistance it used to?

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris