Ford

Have Ford Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Ford

Just had my wife’s transmission serviced by Firestone on

Customer Question
11/4/17. She was driving...
Just had my wife’s transmission serviced by Firestone on 11/4/17. She was driving on I-81 and the o/d light kept coming on and off. Didn’t have this problem before it was serviced. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The overdrive light.
JA: What is the model of your '11 Ford?
Customer: 2004 Ford Explorer XLT 245cu V6 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your Explorer yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no I’m not. She stated she pushed in her o/d button/switch; the light would go off for a bit, then come back on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Ford
11/12/2017
Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 1 month ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy

have you scanned for codes yet?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No not yet. Doing that tomorrow. Told her to stop by Advanced Auto or Auto Zone to get code(s). Didn’t do it. Any ideas?

there is always a code involved. A good amount of the time it is something mechanical inside the transmission requiring trans removal and overhaul... rarely is it anything simple when it comes to explorer transmissions

if you get me the code we can try to sort it out

Ford Mechanic: john -aka eauto, The Car Guy replied 29 days ago

any luck

john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, The Car Guy