Ford

Have Ford questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Shroud under dash on fan blower vibrating don't know how to…

Customer Question
Shroud under dash on...

Shroud under dash on fan blower vibrating don't know how to get to it: I think a screw fell out

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on?

A month vibrates louder as the speed is turned up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2010 f150 super cab

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F150 yourself? What have you tried so far?

I think it's just a screw but can't figure out how to get to it/I took the glove box out but still could not go any further

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just how to get to it /the noise is just behind the glove

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Ford
11/11/2017
Ford Mechanic: Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech replied 8 months ago
Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech

Hello, my name is***** and thanks for your question.

Usually if the vibration gets more severe when increasing fan speed this indicates there is either debris in the blower fan wheel or the blower motor bearing is failing. Even small debris like leaves on the blower wheel will cause vibration. The link below has directions for removing the blower motor so you can inspect it.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i4vuh70xbvodbqw/blower.pdf?dl=0

If you are satisfied with your answer, please take a moment to rate my service as you see fit. Experts are not compensated without a positive rating. Providing a rating does not close the question, you can reply or ask additional questions without incurring further charges.

Did you need any further assistance?